Sunday, July 28, 2024

Dust hole

I've been thinking maybe it's time to give my car a name: Dusty. 

It isn't what I'd usually go for, but the truth is, my car is ALWAYS dusty. It's not the car's fault. It's called, "I live in a desert and everyone has decided to dig up every bare inch of ground to build stuff on and heck, while we're at it, let's dig up un-bare ground, too, and create even more dirt holes for funsies." I live in a giant heap of dust.

Every time I get in my car to go somewhere, there is a new layer of dust on the windows. I try to wash the windows when I'm filling up, but I think it is just smearing it around. I could wash the car, but what is the point? Twenty feet from where I park, they have torn up the parking lot leaving, you guessed it, a great big open heap of dirt that blows through the breeze and covers my car in dust. 

On the block kiddy-corner from mine? It is completely torn up for construction work so another giant dust hole. South of me? More construction. It's EVERYWHERE. Torn up lots, torn up streets. Dust, dust, everywhere you go. 

I'd love to just hose my car down periodically, because that layer of dust can't be good for visibility, but I live in an apartment complex and have never seen a hose on the premises. 

Ironically, I've been less sneezy the last couple of months, which makes no sense with so much dust in the air. 

Anyway, if ever I or Dusty disappear, just start scraping off all that brown stuff. We might be under there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment