Saturday, August 10, 2024

Stress vibe

It's been a bit stressful at work lately. The "there's a lot going on and it's all going on all at once" kind of stressful.

  • One employee moved
  • which dominoed to hiring another employee
  • and shifting the original into a temp role for a while
  • and also creating a whole new job in another country because we are going to experiment and hire internationally
  • so there's a bunch of HR stuff
  • meanwhile, we are planning a trip for two weeks
  • but I'll be at a conference for 4 days before we leave, so for me, I'm gone for 2 1/2 weeks
  • and need to prep to digitize collections in 4 different countries with 3 different types of equipment and 7 or 8 people with 2-3 days in each location, followed up by a stop in a fifth country for a couple of days
  • and we had to figure out how to travel with a 50 lb. camera setup
  • and figure out which folders in each collection will require which equipment
  • and how to train, and who, on what
  • meanwhile, I also need to keep training and keep the day to day stuff going, as if we weren't going on a trip
  • and my intern is going on vacation
  • so I will have one person actually doing work
  • and have to figure out the interviews and hiring stuff for the new employee
  • and pack for two trips
  • and sleep?
So, it's been busy. And intense. And that's just work. (Thank goodness I don't have much going on outside of work!!!)

And, yes, I am at least a little bit doing that one-upmanship bragging about how much I have going on, at least I suppose there's a little part of that, although that's not my main intention, and the only reason I write about it is because it's been quite life-consuming, so I have nothing else to write about. Just give it 3 weeks, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment