Tuesday, February 27, 2018

When I was a kid

A while back, while a tech guy was setting up a new computer, we got to talking about The Oregon Trail. Which, if you don't know what that is, sad days for you. Anyway, we started joking about how playing Oregon Trail was our version of "When I was a kid, I walked to school uphill both ways in a blizzard". So, in preparation for the day when I may get to say stuff like that, here is my list of "uphill both ways in a blizzard":

When I was a kid, the phone was connected to the wall.
When I was a kid, the best computer game we had was Oregon Trail.
When I was a kid, there was no internet.*
When I was a kid, you had to watch TV on the TV. AND you had to watch the commercials.
When I was a kid, you sent letters using stamps. At the Post Office.
When I was a kid, we had to write our homework by hand. On paper. With pencils.
When I was a kid, there were only 2 kinds of M&Ms. (Maybe 3).
When I was a kid, you had to lock all of the car doors individually. And you had to unlock them by putting the key in the lock on the car door.
When I was a kid, people listened to music on cassette tapes. Or on the radio. And they had to listen to whatever the radio station played.

Just a short list of my "very very challenging childhood." Ha.

*I would like to note that I am NOT that old. The internet is just very very young.

No comments:

Post a Comment