Sunday, February 11, 2018

A little something something

Something I've been reading:
Thank Heaven Fasting by E.M. Delafield. It was a bit depressing. Feminists would gnash their teeth. I also read an article about Wyatt Earp and the shootout at the OK Corral in the context of police shootings and how judges rule, which was very interesting.

Something I'm looking forward to this week:
I have made an actual meal for lunch this week. This is a huge achievement and I'm looking forward to eating it. Also, I'm looking forward to visiting family this weekend. And hopefully seeing Black Panther.

Something I actually accomplished last week:
Uh....oh, yeah! I did do something. I finally did all my mending.

What I wish I was doing right now:
Sleeping.

Something I've been watching:
Monk. And last night, I watched Captain America: Winter Soldier. For the record, I think that one has some of the best music of the Marvel movies.

Something that I bought this week:
Birthday presents for my nieces. But I can't decide which one to give to the younger one. I may have to consult her parents. It's so hard to shop when you don't know what they already have!

Something I listened to:
Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex. I've been terrible at listening to podcasts lately. I think I just got very tired of everyone always being so cranky about everything. And sounding like 5 year olds fighting. "Did not!" "Did too!" "Am not!" "Are too!" So, I've been doing audiobooks more.

Something I learned this week:
There is a book called Five Centuries of Base Metal Spoons. I may have actually learned that last week, but I'm counting it. There does not appear to be a companion volume for forks.

Something I discovered this week:
I really need to clean up my computer. Files everywhere, a lot that need to be scrapped. It's a disaster.

Something I'm glad I did this week:
I went to the temple. On my day off. Which was nice, because I could go in the morning. And then I grabbed a sweet roll from the cafeteria. Totally worth it (and not just because of the sweet roll).

No comments:

Post a Comment