Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Inbox

I have received a couple of funny things in my inbox lately. First, sent on May 21, 2015:

Dear Elise Reynolds:

Thank you for your application for the ASST LIBRARIAN (TEMP) position in the department of Library Operations - OUS, job
opening ID 66271. This position was posted 02/01/2012 through 02/22/2012. The department has completed
their activity on this position, and it has been filled/closed.

I'm glad they let me know. I've been stewing over whether I'd get that job, and finally, after 3 years I can let it go. Closure at last.

Also, this one came in the other day:

The office would like to announce that the door for the fitness center has been repaired. Residents who have a card for the fitness center/gate will have inhibited access to the new fitness and laundry card machine immediately.

Since the problem was that there was inhibited access (the door wasn't opening with the card), I am going to say either "inhibited" does not mean what they think it means, or they had one of those moments. (You know you've had them, too). Fortunately, access was not inhibited for those with cards, despite what the email said.

Anyway, kudos to my inbox for keeping life funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment