Friday, May 1, 2015

Long live the 'dinosaurs'!

Call me old-fashioned, call me a Luddite, a technophobe, or a dinosaur. Maybe it's a byproduct of my chosen profession. Or maybe it's just in my nature, as a shy and betimes reclusive creature who has never figured out why my washing needs to be hooked up to the internet. Or my refrigerator. Or self-driving cars. But it's hard to not think maybe I'm a little-to-a-lot-bit right when I see headlines like this:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32513066

Is it any wonder I don't want everything to rely on technology? Maybe you've forgotten how much time and frustration is caused when things go wrong, but I haven't.

So let's cut the connectivity and viva los dinosauros!!!


*In many ways, archivists still haven't overcome their reputation of being bespectacled, bun-sporting, cardigan wearing, dusty old bores who live in the past. Take it from one who knows, though--we are far more tech savvy than you think! Not only were Google exec Vint Cerf's prophecies about a digital dark age old news to us, we're also already working on it. And have been. For years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment