Monday, June 18, 2012

On the bright side

My life has seemed pretty bummerish lately and I decided I am definitely in need of some positives. So, despite all of the crazy frustrations of life, there are some bright sides:

It is raining. Not just a little rain. A nice downpour, with thunder and lightning. This is one of my favorite kinds of weather.
I got up at a reasonable time!
There is cake baking on the docket for the day.
I have a nice name. I have not had to go through life with a name like Buttercup.
I practiced the piano this morning.
I listened to some great music this morning. (not referring to the music I played on the piano. Not that that wasn't great, but I am thinking of other music).
There is still chocolate in the world.
I was reminded of an excellent book I read a long time ago, and now I can read it again.
I may have found a place for an eye exam that only costs half an arm.
I don't have to drive anywhere today.
My nephew just asked if we can play Cheddar Cheese, meaning Parcheesi.
I am starting a new book--reading it, that is. Not writing it. (Now I just have to decide which one!)
The other day, I saw a mole. It was awesome. I especially liked watching his trail as he ran away through the grass.

So, life could definitely be worse. Not that I'd complain if my life settled down a bit, but, hey, why complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment