Monday, February 12, 2024

Shorthanded

I have long fingers. Two of my co-workers are about 6 feet tall guys, and my hands are about the size of theirs. 

Over Christmas, it came up in conversation, and in comparing hand sizes, my brother-in-law noticed that my pinky fingers are short. Which I had never noticed before because honestly, think about it. How much time do you actually spend looking at other people's hands? I suspect not much, except maybe for a special someone or babies. 

Anyway, I fell and hurt my wrist, as previously mentioned, and got an x-ray. And when I looked at the results, it did say that my 5th metacarpal was severely short and the 4th metacarpal mildly so. Which, not expecting that in my x-ray report, but it was kind of fun timing. 

Also, it dashes all hopes about long fingers benefitting me while playing the piano, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment