Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Magic desk

I have been trying (periodically) for several months (a couple of years?) to clean off my desk in work. As a precursor to cleaning my office. I actually made some progress this week. For about an hour. And then somehow my desk filled up again. It's a magic desk but not the kind of magic I need. 

And, offices get messy, I get it--well, not my boss's. His is incredibly tidy, which is attainable if you spend most of your days in meetings, so there's that. But in my first 6 years I had 7 office spaces, so it was always a goal to be able to move my office in an hour. And I definitely can't do that now. So I hope I don't need to any time soon, because I have inherited a bunch of boxes and collections and this is what happens when you get into management but not high enough in management that you never get to do any of the work. 

That being said, if messy office means I still get to do the fun work, I will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment