Friday, January 19, 2024

It's a day!

I found out that today is National Winnie-the-Pooh day! So, what I love about the Winnie-the-Pooh books is that you read it and you absolutely enter a child's world. The characters? They are exactly what our inner child would create. The writing is exactly how a child thinks, with things that adults deal with as lowercase, but kids see as magical Uppercase things. The dilemmas and sticky situations are very kid. The Winnie-the-Pooh books are among the best. And now I want to read them again.

I also discovered it is National Michigan Day. Which begs the question of whether all states have a national day, but have been a Michigan resident, I just want to give a shout out to Michigan. I loved living there. It was a beautiful place (winters could be fierce, but whatever). I miss my apartments there, I miss driving around there, I miss the squirrels, I miss the people I knew. The demonym is Michigander, which how great is that? The only thing I don't miss is the abundance of geese in the spring and summer. So rah rah, Michigan!

And that's it for our days. Hope yours was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment