Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Driving

I don't do a ton of travel, but I do have some family close enough to drive to for a visit. I really enjoy this, because I just love the scenery as I drive. This weekend I visited a brother about three hours away, in a part of the state that I suspect that not many would rank at the top of their list of pretty places. But I think it is really picturesque. It's not the lush green of the northeast or midwest but it has its own beauty. As an added bonus, on the way there, it was clear and sunny, and on the way back it was overcast and snowy. It was like a two for one. 

I don't know what it says about me, but I find a lot of places fascinating that most people don't. I drove across Nebraska and didn't get bored. Same with Wyoming. And I totally get why New Mexico is the land of enchantment. And one of the things I love about driving places is being able to soak up the scenery. (Of course, then the dilemma is that I want to pull over every 5 minutes and take a picture...)

There are lots of places I haven't been, don't get me wrong. The places I haven't been far outweigh the places I have been. But I don't think I've ever been anywhere that wasn't interesting. And it just makes me glad to live on such a big, fascinating world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment