Thursday, April 30, 2020

The acme of my creativity

Over Christmas, my 5-year old nephew was upset about having to mop the floor. I tried to cajole him, but he just needed to bummed for a few minutes and, no joke, after being grumpy for 5 minutes, he was over it and got to work. And I watched him and said, "You need some mop mittens." He liked that idea and we came up with two or three other chores he could use mittens for. I left for home with a promise that I would make him some mop mittens.

And, only 5 months later, I have done it! I am not an overly crafty person, so these primitive guys are a high achievement for me. And I did have fun making them. It took me a couple of trial runs, and I did have a technical snafu which resulted in buying a new sewing machine*, but I did it. Creating is a good feeling. 

Now to send them off and hope that they do the job. If not, I guess we'll do a little more experimenting.  

*Came in really handy for making face masks last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment