Sunday, April 5, 2020

Food fight

A while back, I was at this event helping to prep salads*. It was this fancy schmancy thing, where you put stripes of toppings, and I was doing the pepitas and it occurred to me that they are the PERFECT food fight food. They are dry, not sticky, very throwable, but easy to clean up.

Unlike the couscous. What a mess! I mean, maybe dry couscous could work (although it is a bit small). But cooked? It sticks to everything. Absolutely unthrowable. And clean up? Nightmare.

So, now I think someone needs to write the official guide to food fight foods. You have to consider texture (yes, this matters), throwability, cleanup, throwing satisfaction, impact when hit, edibility of food (I mean, M&Ms would be a great food fight food, but how do we feel about wasting chocolate like that?).

I know it may sound daft but let's be real. We are all stuck at home. We all feel like throwing things at some point during the day. It's important to be prepared. Just sayin'.

*because it was a group of women, so of  course it was salad. Eye roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment