Monday, April 27, 2020

Pandemic observations

Empty streets are delightful for photographers--and skateboarders. So many skateboarders out!

Mondays are just as rough when you are working from home as when you go into the office. (And I know that I am incredibly lucky to know this. I wish everyone could personally experience this. I really do).

Sometimes, there is no perfect decision, there is just a "doing the best we can" decision.

It doesn't take long to adapt to a new normal. Which is now just the current normal. Don't worry, though, it will change again.

I think I need a nanny. No, not for kids, as I don't have any. For me.

The mail gets reeaaaaally boring. Even the junk mail is sparse.

We thought virtual was the answer to everything. And now? Maybe not so much.

My bed has never been so comfortable.

Per my sister, parents teaching their kids at home are not just parents and teachers. They are janitors, lunch ladies/men, principles, and administration for a range of ages (one-room schoolhouse is making a comeback) and at the same time, they are none of those things if your child is a teenager.

Sometimes, you just gotta make a decision. Never use the word "encourage" or any form of it in a pandemic situation. Just tell people what to do and what not to do. Don't worry--a bunch of them will still ignore you, but at least everyone will know what they ought to be doing.

And, to quote s a college professor, this timeless truth has proven its timelessness and truthfulness yet again: People are people, wherever [and whenever, and in whatever circumstances] you find them.*

*No. This wasn't on the exam. But it is the most memorable and useful thing I got from the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment