Monday, June 17, 2019

Clean house

I cleaned my apartment this weekend. Not that this is something I never do, but most weeks it's really just tidying. And it wasn't deep-cleaning. No scrubbing the walls or cleaning nooks and crannies with a toothbrush sort of clean. More the, "Lo and behold, there IS a kitchen table underneath the piles of stuff" cleaning. I mean, I could actually eat anywhere at the table, instead of one little corner of it.* So, getting rid of clutter and stuff. And it feels  awesome! Like, I keep looking around my place thinking, "Wow! This looks great! I love it!"

Admittedly, there is still a lot I could do to make it even better. Why do I have so much stuff? And how do my blinds get so dirty? And in a week, there will be enough hair on the carpet for a wig. Again. But, maybe this time, I will remember how nice it is to have a kitchen table, or a desk, or to shut the closet door** and I will keep things looking good.

Yeah. Maybe.

*which is a moot point because I rarely eat at the table. Probably not the best thing.
**it's not that I can't usually shut it. I mostly just don't. Or I have socks and stuff that didn't quite make it into the hamper, trailing out of the closet. Amazing how little things like that really add to the sense of mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment