Monday, January 15, 2018

An extended weekend

Due to a funeral, I ended up having a 4-day weekend, starting with no work on Friday. While the funeral was a sad occasion, I'm not going to lie, it was nice to have an extra day and to have it coincide with an existing 3-day weekend.

And it was a productive weekend. I finished weeding my books, more or less. The goal was to be able to put all of the books I have acquired since I moved into the boxes of books that I brought out with me. Which has been done with room to spare.

Then I spent some time working on my Christmas photographs. I finished labeling them, deleted the ones that weren't worth keeping, and learned a little bit about using Photo Shop so I could do some cleanup. Still not sure how I feel about editing photos, but these were family photos, and I was mostly adjusting lighting and minor cleanup. Nothing major (especially since I lack the patience to sit through that many Photo Shop videos to learn all the tricks).

I watched and enjoyed Marshall*, made soup to eat for my lunch this week, prepped a thank you card for my Christmas hosts, and worked on my blog book project.** So, all in all, a pretty productive weekend. And I got some sleep in there.

The only bummer is that I have to go back to work tomorrow. Sigh.

*My only complaint, which is not specific to this show, is the increasing use of the f-word in PG-13 movies. When did this become okay? Why is it necessary? Were people really complaining about the lack of that word? I just don't understand. Anyway, I am now giving you the heads up in case you are concerned. 
**I like things in hard copies. So I convert every hundred posts into book format. Just in case. Things happen, you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment