Friday, June 9, 2017

Presents Day

'Tis the season to be frivolous! I talked to my brother the other day and he reminded me that it's the time of year when we celebrate Presents Day.

What is Presents Day, you ask? Presents day is the day you buy presents. Not presents for individuals, but presents that the whole family (or whatever group you happen to be part of) shares, so they belong to everyone and not just any one person.

Why Presents Day? Why not?

When is Presents Day, exactly? Presents Day occurs on the first Saturday after school gets out. However, if school gets out on a Friday, it is the Saturday after the first week of no school, not the day after school lets out. I don't know why, that is just the rule. And if I'm messing up the details, I fully expect my brother or his wife to correct me. In my case, since I'm not in school and no one in my house is in school, I get to pick. I can go by the school district I live in or I can pick between my relatives' school districts.

How do you celebrate? Well, you buy presents, obviously. They don't have to be big, and again, they have to be for everyone, not just one particular person. You also have to have some kind of treasure hunt to find the present. This is a bit of a problem for me, since I live alone, so I'm thinking I may have to do swapsies with a friend. They hide mine, I'll hide theirs.

So, happy Presents Day! Get yourself something, just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment