Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The mysterious mind of me

I was listening to something today and they mentioned the Washington Redskins. And I realized that whenever I hear "Redskins", I think of potatoes. I think it probably has something to do with red potatoes, which would then have red skins. And I did grow up in Idaho, land of the famous potatoes. Nothing about Native Americans makes me think of potatoes. But when I hear "Washington Redskins", I envision a buttered baked potato.

It makes no sense. I didn't grow up on red potatoes. We had regular old potatoes when I was growing up. I don't know if I even knew there were other kinds of potatoes. At least, not when I was young. But then, I probably didn't know there was such a thing as the Washington Redskins, either. Maybe it happened in my teen years? I don't know. It's weird, and I'm not sure what it says about me, but there you have it.

Now I think I could go for a baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment