Sunday, June 25, 2017

Fox in a graveyard

Yesterday, as part of a family reunion project I'm working on, I went to the cemetery. Knowing it would be hot, I went kind of late, so I left about 5:30, and I took along a lot of water. Which stayed cold for about 10 seconds on my 2 mile walk. (Good news? When I got home, I'd gotten in my exercise for the day).

Anyway, I got to the cemetery, got the photos of the headstones I needed and had just finished getting a shot of the location marker when I saw this guy:
I'm guessing that's a fox, but somehow I always thought foxes were smaller. I took some photos and Foxy wandered off. I meandered for a few more minutes, and Foxy was back:
Poor guy (gal?) just wanted some shade, and I can't blame him. He seemed pretty content to chill there until I left. I was tempted to try and get closer, but somehow, stalking a wild animal on a hot day didn't seem like a smart idea. Besides, this critter deserved to sit in his shade in peace.

It must have been a hot day for all the little animals, because when I was almost home, I saw this:
And, no, that isn't a giant bird bath. For people, it's a fountain. Apparently, for birds, it's a pool.

And yes, I'm jealous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment