Wednesday, May 31, 2017

A Tribute to my Bed

For the last month I've been working on getting to bed at a consistent time. It's been great. So the next step naturally would be to get up at a regular time. But I have a problem with my bed.

Now, I really like my bed. I got it for $5 from a student who was moving back to Japan the next day and really needed to get rid of it. It was the first bed I've ever purchased (and only bed, to date, unless you count air mattresses or the couch I slept on for a week until my stuff arrived at my new place) and was definitely a steal. It's way more than a $5 bed. It only has one fatal flaw: it is at its most comfortable between 6 and 7 am.

It's a comfortable bed all night but I tell you, it's never more comfortable than in those moments after my alarm drags me back to reality. I fall asleep pretty quickly so I can't enjoy the comfort nearly as much as it deserves. But by 6 am, it has become the most comfortable place on the planet. The pillows are perfect, the covers are perfect, the mattress is perfect and I'm just awake enough to enjoy it as I doze off between the snooze alarms.

So, as soon as I figure out how to solve the problem of my comfortable bed, I'll get working on getting up at a routine time. But given the complicated nature of this dilemma, it could take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment