Sunday, January 8, 2017

Very mysterious

I was just trying to log in to a certain account that I use on a regular basis, and it just wasn't recognizing my password, even though I have used it every day multiple times a day for the last week. After numerous attempts, I finally just reset my password. Submitted the new one, it said, "Great, your password is reset", I tried to login, and it didn't recognize the new password. I tried again. And again. And again and again and again. And maybe a few more agains. No dice.

I was already a little grumpy because I had just reset this password a week ago, and it was an awesome new password, and I hate coming up with new passwords and try to get the most life out of them as possible. And now it didn't like my new one. I restarted the computer, because it had said something about that. Nope. So, I tried to reset it again. This time, I didn't click the little box to let me see the text, because when I did the time before, it took away the 'confirm password' box and maybe that was the problem (although, they designed the site that way, so it shouldn't be a problem. I know. It is completely illogical, but it is the please-let-this-work-because-I-don't-know-how-else-to-fix-it superstition). 

I typed in the new password. Then I typed it in the confirm password box (and keep in mind I have now come up with 2 new passwords in the space of half an hour. I can't be throwing around passwords like that!). And, it said they didn't match. I tried again. Nope. Tried the old new password. Nope. Gave up in frustration and some degree of dread, because this is the account I use for all my work, which was not making for a promising Monday morning.

Fast forward thirty minutes/to two minutes ago. I just tried it again. And, it worked. What?!?!?!?! If I could have just waited and signed in with my old password, I'm gonna be really really chagrined. (Oh, wait. I already am). 

And this is why I am a bit hesitant to have everything in my life technoed. I do NOT want to have to reset the password on my refrigerator 18 times just to get to my chocolate milk.* Just sayin'.


*Yes, I do realize that it doesn't work like that. But the point is the same: not everything needs to be computerized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment