Sunday, January 29, 2017

Passing Time

I'm pretty sure that every night this week, I came home to the realization that I was not as close to Friday as I felt I should be. I think by Wednesday, I was saying, "How is it not Friday yet? How???"

It was one of those weeks.

Not that it was a bad week for me personally (although anyone who remembers this particular moment in history will know at a national/global level, it was not a good week). The only real problem with it as far as I can see is that it just wasn't Friday soon enough.

And now it is Sunday and I am facing the prospect of starting all over again. Which makes me think I need some cheesecake, which fortunately, I have.

But before I go, a little something to cheer us all up in this dismal, non-Friday world we inhabit:


There is something about green coming from a drain grate when it is 20 degrees outside in January (a very non-Friday kind of month) that is just heartening. And to make this even more cheery, you can picture me kneeling on the ground (practically laying on the ground!) trying to get this picture. I'm sure all passersby thought I'd lost my mind ("Who photographs the sidewalk? What a weirdo!)

May Friday come soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment