Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My kidometer is nearly full

In the last four days, I have played with 15 of my 23 nieces and nephews. I played Ping-Pong Cootie with #18, watched puppet shows being put on by #11, enjoyed #19 singing her babies to sleep (and she informed me that her dolls are babies, and she is a doll). Number 12 told me about Mixels, 15 moved in to manhood by helping his dad mow the lawn, and number 22 and 23 did all the cute work. Numbers 1, 3, 5 and 7 let me show off my work to them, and we had a good conversation over dinner, along with their mom. Number 14 was full of hugs, 9 and I chowed down on watermelon together, 17 shared his amazing Nerf gun abilities (along with his siblings) and his amazing talent for drenching himself at a water fountain and for running sideways. Number 21 was mostly just adorable. He had fun learning to shoot his Nerf gun, enjoyed hammering his lasagna with watermelon, showed off his skipping abilities, and was generally just fun company.

So now my kidometer is topped off enough to tide me over until July. It's a good world that has kids in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment