Sunday, February 21, 2016

Oh, yeah

I was emailing a friend today and trying to coordinate a long-distance book club of sorts (very small membership--2--and very eclectic topic. Don't feel bad that you weren't invited. You probably aren't interested in Kathleen Roe's book on arrangement and description). We've been trying to set a date for this for quite a while, but coordinating schedules through emails has been tough--apparently we both have lives we are living and it can take a couple of weeks to get to personal emails. And then I realized: I do have a phone. And so does she. And we have each other's phone numbers. I could call. Or text.

Which I used to do, all the time, when we lived in the same city. But for some reason, now that we live in different states and don't see each other face to face, I somehow forgot that there is a thing called the phone. And it exists for a reason. Like, to communicate with people over long distances. Pretty awesome, right?

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment