Sunday, November 22, 2015

I don't get it


So, I was out and about last week, and I saw this billboard. (Sorry about the quality. Photography skills are a work in progress). I'm not saying Pres. Harrison is unimportant or anything. I'm sure he did great things and just had the misfortune of being president in between the Revolutionary war and the Civil War, and not being Andrew Jackson, so no one knows who he is. Also, he was only president for 32 days, so he probably didn't do much. I'm down with learning about him, but what I don't understand is who is so concerned with Harrison's uncelebrated presidential legacy that they are paying for billboards? An extremely passionate history teacher? Harrison descendant? Political group with some very obscure platform they are pushing? Bored millionaire looking for a tax write-off? William Harrison with a time machine? I'm open to ideas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment