Thursday, October 9, 2014

What every home needs

If I had to pick the most essential pieces of furniture for any home, a couch would be among the top three. Dining room/kitchen table? Nice but not essential. Dresser? Optional. Desk? Useful, but it's just going to lead to a pile of stuff that has to be dealt with eventually. But a couch? Essential. Requisite. A definite must.

When you are feeling sick or tired, you need a couch to curl up on. Watching TV? Not the same without a couch. A place for evening chats? Just needs a couch. Reading a book is so much better on the couch. 

So, 3 months in to my new place, and I still don't have a couch. I had a wonderful couch once. It took me several months to find it, but it was a wonderful couch. Great colors and pattern, extremely comfortable, just a great couch. Unfortunately, it was a sofa bed, and way too heavy to move, so I had to bid it farewell. But it set a very high standard for any future couches to live up to and it's been difficult to find one up to snuff (not that I've had a ton of time to look, mind). 

That being said, I'm tired of having no couch. This situation must be remedied and soon. Because I absolutely need a couch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment