Sunday, August 3, 2014

Shower Ideas

Generally speaking, I have a love-hate relationship with showers. I don't mind the shower part so much as the fact that it requires getting ready after the shower. And the fact that at that time of day (6:00 am), I just want to be asleep, not washing my hair. The person who invents a shower that will do all the work and let me emerge with hair done, face washed, etc., is going to be my hero. But I will say, I get a lot of good ideas in the shower. Little lightning bolts, zapping into my brain out of nowhere.

For example, the other day we found out that the exhibit we've been planning at work has been kiboshed (well, put on hold indefinitely). But while I was in the shower, I was thinking about all the things I've done at work that I need to put on my evaluation and remembered going to an enriching scholarship workshop on Story Maps, and I had this fantastic brainstorm about using some of the material for the exhibit in a Story Map. Which, granted, isn't going to change the world but it is a really good idea if I can pull it off.

And I get lots of other good ideas in the shower. If I didn't take them, not only would I reek, but I wouldn't be nearly as productive. So, to my brother-in-law who is trying to get his teenager to take faster showers: Don't rush her! Who knows what Nobel Prize Ideas she might be having!

No comments:

Post a Comment