Saturday, July 5, 2014

You know you're an archivist when...

I'm finally getting around to unpacking the non-essentials, like the binders from grad school and the assortment of 'my life scrapbook' type material. You know--pictures, letters, ticket stubs, the miscellany you keep to document what you've done in life.

So, I got to this bin, which if I was stylish and had money would probably be a hope chest but is really just a Rubbermaid tub and decided to do some culling, as one does. And I kept thinking, "Man, I need to arrange this better. All the stuff from the DC trip should be in one folder, and my correspondence should be sorted by author, and I should have my journals in one place and tickets and stuff could be an event series."

Yes, folks, I think it's official. I'm a real, honest to goodness archivist.

No comments:

Post a Comment