Sunday, June 29, 2014

Vocal exercise

I think my vocal chords don't get enough exercise.

I went to a conference this weekend and when I got home, my voice had that lovely hoarseness, like when you are getting over a bad cough or have spent 4 hours yelling nonstop at a football game.

To be fair, I was spending my free time in rather loud places and had to raise my voice above the clamor. And, I may have been hogging the conversational spotlight, too. But I have had this problem on other occasions, where I am in a social setting and come away hoarse. Given that on most days, I go to work and have an hour and a half to 2 hours of talking spread throughout the day, then come home and have no one to talk to, I think my vocal chords are atrophying.

So, yeah, I think maybe I need to make a bit more noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment