Saturday, April 13, 2013

So close, and yet so far away

Last weekend, it looked like spring had really and truly finally arrived. And then it started to rain. And it rained and rained and was cold and windy. And today, there were even traces of snow. I don't mind the rain. In fact, I'm a fan of rain. I love walking in rain. I spent a semester in the Dominican Republic, and I would walk in the rain there, and it was like heaven, because the rain was warm--not hot, but just the right kind of warm. And the family that I stayed with would freak out when I got home all wet. They swore that I would get sick and die from walking in the rain! Then I had to find reasons to walk out without an umbrella so I'd have an excuse, but it was worth it. Anyway, I digress. It's not that I mind the rain. It's just the cold I'm opposed to. I'm ready for sunshine, or at least temperatures in the high 40's and 50's.

I don't really mind too much, I suppose. It just seems so much like my life. So close, so close to having things settle down. And yet so far away. Ah well. At least it's close. And there is still the hope of spring to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment