Sunday, August 18, 2024

Interlude

Part one of the mad journey is done and I have made it back from Chicago (briefly though it may be. I checked in for my flight today before I even got on the plane for my flight yesterday!). I appreciate my travel buddies, who were down for off-beat tourist stops. I do wish I'd been able to do the boat architecture tour, and some other things, but there just wasn't time. (And a lot of things closed before I could have done them, because conference hours overlap with working hours, go figure).

Still, I don't regret the gangs and ghosts walking tour, the Museum of Ice Cream, the Nutella Cafe, or just walking around in Chicago. And, as far as I know Chicago isn't going anywhere, so it will still be there waiting for my next visit.











*Yes, I know there is nothing unique and original about any of these photos--the Chicago skyline, the Bean, they are in every tourist's album. But, these are different because they are mine, and I was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment