Monday, August 7, 2023

I was not prepared for this

I know I'm new to the role of "management" and am still learning. But one thing I was not prepared for is how very 1 step forward 3 steps back it is. In the days of just being an employee (ah, beautiful days. Many good things about them), I finished work and it was...finished.

Now, somehow, for every piece of work I get done, I seem to have 3 new pieces of work to do! One task really ends up being the first step of a process, rather than a task that can be completed and really be done. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I think to an extent it is the nature of being in a role with more responsibility. The work I deal with is the work that is more complex, with more pieces to address. And that's okay. I generally like the challenge of the work I'm doing, and the variety in my day to day work. 

But every now and then, I do miss being able to be done with a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment