Monday, June 19, 2023

Whatever happened to buckles?

I've been looking for new sandals, because it's finally getting warm here and you know what I'm feeling really nostalgic for? 

Buckles.

I haven't thought about it in years, but in junior high, I had a pair of sandals that--brace yourself!--had buckles. I LOVED those sandals (not just for the buckles).

Now I'm looking at sandals, and they all have velcro. And not just for the strap at the ankle. Like, everywhere a buckle should be. Which, aesthetically is just not cutting it. And, velcro gets stuff trapped in it, and it's never positioned in the right place, so there's this huge bit of extra strap sticking out, with velcro on it. So inelegant and just...sheesh. Why all the velcro?!*

Buckles are not that complicated. They get the job done. They look so much better. 

I miss buckles.

*Also I'm not 5. I act like it maybe, but I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment