Thursday, April 6, 2023

Ready for spring

Well friends, it's been a winter. A good one. One that is reminiscent of my childhood (and we had some good winters). I think it's been the most legit winter since I moved here and I've loved it. It's about time, to be honest, and not just because we've had a pretty severe drought. More because I'm a little over people around here wailing about how we have an inch of snow that will melt in a day and oh my gosh it's so horrible and cold and woe is us isn't our life so hard. I grew up in this neck of the woods, and an inch of snow is pansy. 

So, yes, I've really enjoyed an actual winter. But now, friends. Now it's April. And I have rules. It is now spring, so winter has had it's turn and it's time for it to move on. I left my house this morning and there were about 8 inches of snow on the ground and still some stray flakes coming down. But then this afternoon, I was walking back to work after lunch and there were birds singing and the sun shining. It's ridiculous. 

Also, it's messing with my sense of time. It's April, and spring, and I should be planning all sorts of summer stuff and moving into wearing jackets and thinking of outdoors things to do, but instead I feel like I should be getting ready for Christmas! 

Yep, I'm ready for spring. Thank you universe for the snow, I loved it. But what if we save the rest for this year's winter, and let the flowers have their moment?



No comments:

Post a Comment