Sunday, April 9, 2023

Hair

Yesterday, I did my hair 'curly'. And by curly, not curly so much as wave and some curls in spots. The kind of curl that people who don't have naturally curly hair and have to use product to hold the curls get. And lots of people said it looked great, and they loved it, looks so good, you get the idea.

But my hair also isn't straight. If I just let it dry naturally, it looks like I maybe stuck my finger in a light socket. It's frizzy and has a mind of its own that pretty much is a rebellion against any sort of looking not crazy. And so I blow dry it and straighten it and probably dry it up and kill it off. So every now and then, I try out curl because it's easier and probably healthier. 

The thing is though, don't love it even if others do. I feel like my hair is so BIG when I do it that way, and it drives me crazy!! And while I'm sure to everyone else it looks fine, I can find all the spots that are a little flat, or where the curl is curling away from my head going wild--basically all the flaws. Which is why I rarely do my hair that way.

And at the end of the day, it's my head and my hair, and if I'm not comfortable with it, there's no point bothering. It will just drive me crazy all day and be a mental distraction. And so, the hair battle continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment