Sunday, June 19, 2022

Travel jitters

I enjoy traveling. But I do not enjoy the lead up to travel. Planning, packing, cleaning so you don't come home to a nasty house, making it to the airport (driving is much easier). It's all just a lot. And my anxiety levels go through the roof. Once I get started, it's usually okay. 

My next trip is even more anxiety-inducing, because it's 1) a business trip and 2) it's international travel. And it has been a long time since I've traveled internationally (with the exception of Canada, which is delightful, but driving over the border isn't quite the same as flying in). So, there's the additional stress of making sure the work component is ready to go and trying to stay calm despite all the unknowns (I like to anticipate what will happen when I'm stressed). 

One thing I have learned is that, even if I don't know what all the ins and outs are, there are loads of people around who will answer any questions I have. That's why there are employees. It doesn't always take away the stress, but it helps.

Anyway, it will all work out, and now that I'm almost out the door, I'm feeling a little more calm. And I am excited to go, I just gotta get there. And not overthink things. And try to sleep before flying out. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment