Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Good news, bad news

Good news: The sore throat I've been having on and off for a month is almost certainly just sinus-related, and appears to be gone for good now.

Bad news: Now it's all draining out my nose, making it hard to breathe and really, who wants to wake up in the middle of the night because of a runny nose? Boy, I am tired.

*****

Bad news: The first leg of my return flight was canceled and the earliest they could reschedule me was for Thursday.

Good news: I found a flight with a different airline that would get me back yesterday.

Bad news: I'm decidedly behind at work, and not even kidding, my team totally changed while I was gone. It was 3 days!!!

Good news: No lives will be harmed because of this. Seriously. The probability that anyone's life will ever hang in the balance because of my job is really really slim.

*****

Good news: I got a new laptop at work. Which is mainly good news because now I don't have to worry about the old one overheating and exploding. (I've had to hard reboot it twice--with the little emergency reboot function hidden on the bottom of the laptop that I never knew existed.)

Bad news: I spent most of my day trying to set up the computer and still have the most essential program for my work that is not downloaded. Not great when I'm already inundated with work, but what can you do.

Good news: It should be up and running tomorrow, so no worries. Other than being behind on work. Which I blame on a tornado warning in Texas. What can you do. 

Bad news: 

No comments:

Post a Comment