Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Lessons from moving

1. I have too much stuff

2. At the same time, I don't have enough stuff? Mostly, like, shelves and that sort of thing for all of the too much stuff I do have?

3. Weirdly, the storage systems I had before don't work now. Even when it isn't a question of too much stuff. Which just seems rude.

4. Apparently living on the north side of the building is much cooler (temperature-wise) than living on the south side of the building.

5. Brand new appliances have some smells the first time you use them. That new appliance smell. 

6. Yoga mats do not actually offer a lot of padding. 

7. Back to the whole storage thing? Why on earth did I sit so long in my last apartment without getting more shelving? For realsies!

8. For having too much stuff, I still feel like I'm missing stuff. How is that even possible?

9. It's not just a new place. I have to figure out new routines. I mean, I literally moved 50 feet, so not major new routines, but still, new routines. 

10. I like vacuuming much more than mopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment