Sunday, January 10, 2021

Something new

You know, the Christmas holidays are kind of a season for traditions. But, this Christmas season and this past week, I have done a lot of new things. Like: 
  • turned a pencil. Out of lilac wood. Basically, I made a mechanical pencil. How to make a pencil: 1) have a lathe. 2) have an awesome brother-in-law who will walk you through the process. 
  • visited Santa Fe. Finally! And, definitely need to go back. 
  • tried halva, kunafa, foul (not the adjective, but a lovely middle eastern dish), and other new foods. I prefer the halva to the kunafa. Neither is bad, they were both good, I just like the halva more. 
  • learned to pick a lock. As long as it is a clear lock where I can see the tumblers. I actually picked two of them but one felt more like luck. Look, I'm a novice. Basically, your locks are currently safe from me picking them. 
  • played new games, including Fluxx, 6 Nimmt (with moosen), Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, LLAMA (both the 3-year old round, which is ever-changing, and the actual game), and Ticket to Ride Nordic Countries, India, and Switzerland. And sort of Throw Throw Burrito, but it was a 2-person game and I think that is a different experience from a 3+ player game.
  • played around with intentionally blurring nighttime photos. Way more entertaining than it sounds.
  • played Paper Rock Scissors Freeze Tag. 
  • opened Christmas crackers. 
  • colored with crayons from a 152 count box. My dream come true!
Trying new things: give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment