Sunday, January 31, 2021

Homesick

 

Last week, I was at the grocery store and lo and behold, there were paczkis! No, I am not Polish. And, no, I don't celebrate Lent (although, it probably wouldn't hurt to give up a few things and establish some new habits). 

No, I was just really excited because it reminded me of home. Well, my home before where I live now. Which, I have almost been away from as long as I lived there, but honestly, once a home, always a home. And that particular home is very treasured in my heart. 

Ridiculously, I did not buy the paczkis, because I had another treat in my cart and was trying to at least pretend that I am a semi-responsible adult who knows how to make healthy food choices. And when I was at the store today, were there any paczkis? No. Of course not. But, it is a bit early in the season, and it was a Saturday evening, so I"m going to be optimistic that maybe I can find them on another trip. And even if I don't, I'm not too fussed, because really, it was just seeing a piece of home that I needed. Having a bite would just be the icing on the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment