Sunday, August 2, 2020

The minisculest silver lining

I am not at all saying that this makes our current pandemic worth it at all, but I do want to say that there is a teeny, tiny silver lining for me. As a result of the pandemic and the subsequent coin shortage*, my apartment complex's laundromat has finally moved to an electronic payment system! [Insert jumping up and down for joy, cheering, and applause.] 

No more having to count corners! No more stopping by the bank on my lunch break for laundry money! And for the current moment, no having to figure out how to get quarters from the bank. YAY!!!

So, I know it doesn't even come close to making up for all the misery of this stupid pandemic. It's a drop in the ocean. But it's a definite improvement. 

*How is that a thing? No one has yet been able to explain it satisfactorily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment