Thursday, October 31, 2019

The coolness of capes

Tonight I was walking home from running an errand and I ended up behind someone dressed like Zorro. So, I was really just getting a view of the cape and even though it wasn't windy or anything, this guy's cape was billowing. Seriously, it was really cool. And I totally understood why someone would wear a cape. I mean, it was a seriously awesome effect. Despite the advice of Edna in The Incredibles, I think I'm down with capes. Think of all the great ones there are:
  • Thor's cape. And Dr. Strange. And all the other Marvel capes.
  • Lord of the Rings has some great capes--technically, probably cloaks, but they have the same effect.Zorro, obviously.
  • Elsa has a sweet cape/train.
  • Star Wars? Loads of capes and cape-like variations.
  • Prince Humperdink has a super ridiculous cape in Princess Bride, but it really makes the character.
  • If you are going to mention Marvel capes, I think you also have to go DC--Batman, Superman, etc. Can you be a superhero without a cape? I'm not sure that's allowed.
  • Yzma! She's got a cape!
  • Dracula wouldn't be Dracula without a cape. 
  • And neither would all the princes, princesses, etc. in movies and books
Let's face it, guys. The world just needs capes.

No comments:

Post a Comment