Sunday, October 6, 2019

Cave dweller

This weekend was a three day weekend for me (just for me, because I'm so special*). Three day weekends are always a little bit risky because I become a bit of a hermit and this weekend was no exception. I did leave my house once on Friday for groceries and dinner, and 6 times on Saturday to do laundry. I have not left my house today, though.** And this afternoon, it hit me that I actually have a job and I have to go back to it tomorrow. Like, it had completely slipped my mind that that was a thing. No joke. 

Which makes me think of a conversation I had with someone, or multiple someones, last week. We were talking about somebody not knowing something that basically the whole world knows and so of course there was the, "What rock did you crawl out from under?" line. Only I added, "Because I want to crawl under that rock." I mean, doesn't that just sound heavenly? To crawl under a rock and not have to listen to all the American politicians fighting, and the news fighting, and everyone else fighting, and everyone being mad at everyone when really we all just need a nap and a good snack, not necessarily in that order?***

Yeah, this weekend I got pretty darn close to crawling under that rock. And, I gotta be honest, it was kind of nice. I mean, it would have been cool to have some company. You know, dig the space out, create some tunnels, add some rooms--hobbit style, maybe--invite my besties over for a rock party. It would be amazing! Sigh. I think I may need more rock time in my life.

Also, my keyboard has taken to double typing letters. It's super annoying and has nothing to do with anything. Just throwing that out there.


*No, not so much. I just worked Saturday of the previous week, is all. Nothing special here.
**But why would I want to? I baked cookies practically all day. Oooh, that's why. So that when I come back in it smells like fresh cookies. Darn it!
***Why are we all so mad, guys? It's so exhausting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment