Monday, September 23, 2019

So that happened

The other day, I sent off this text:
"this is Elise. I think I left a hot pad at your house on Tuesday and wondered if you'd found it laying around by chance."

The answer I received was:
"Huh?"

Yeah, so what I really send was:
"this is 3. I think I left a road at your house on Tuesday and wondered if you'd found it laying around by chance."

Which makes zero sense. So I replied:
"Sorry, Elise. [meaning, "Sorry, I meant it's Elise" but clearly doesn't read that way.] I think I left a hot pad behind. Sheesh, I get an F for that text!"

Anyway, we made arrangements for me to get it back, and life went on. The next day, at a church meeting, I noticed a text that said:
"3, this is 4. I have your road. I can meet you at the East door after the assembly. Come alone. Don't tell 5."

Which is honestly one of the best texts I have ever gotten in my life. And, quite frankly, is there any other way to respond to the texting fiasco I created? Brilliant.

The moral of the story is, I'm bad at texting, when you get weird texts from people you know, you should just have fun with it, and it's still not as bad as the time auto-correct told me Satan would help me find a ride to Church.


No comments:

Post a Comment