Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Algorithmic Failure

I have complained before about algorithms and how inept they are and I just need to register yet another complaint.

The other day I made fettuccine alfredo. And had a lot of leftovers. And wanted to know the best way to reheat it, because it doesn't reheat super well in the microwave. So I did a google search.

Now, despite having done google searches for YEARS (seriously, it's been over a decade) and NOT looking for information about alfredo on a regular basis, my google news feed has popped up 2 or 3 alfredo related blog posts a day. Because I looked for it once.

What does this tell us, friends? It tells us that algorithms are  not actually very smart. And maybe we shouldn't turn our decision making over to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment