Wednesday, September 26, 2018

To buy or not to buy

I haven't had a car for the last five years, give or take. There was some weather, stuff happened, and a prayer was answered. But that's a different story. Anyway, so I'm car-less, which is great for the environment, not that that's why I am car-less. Mostly I get by on public transportation and car rentals. And every time I rent a car, I kind of wish I had my own car.

I've currently got the money for a car. And there are a lot of pros to acquiring one: grocery shopping would be so much easier, I wouldn't have to plan hours around any single errand, I could get out to some new places to practice photography (which I know you are all dying for) and generally just get away when I wanted to, the social life would be much easier. There are loads of reasons to go for it.

But then I hear people talking about all of their car troubles--repairs, registration, maintenance. There's also the cost of insurance and gas and my rent would go up to include parking And don't get me started on parking in this town. Or even just driving around! And to buy a car I have to deal with the person selling the car. Who wants to deal with salespeople?! Let's be honest, that's the real reason I've been putting off the car-buying. I just don't want to deal with the salespeople. A hassle I don't look forward to in my life.

So if anyone knows of any great car buying tips or cars for sale, let me know. Or if you want to buy a car, I'll totally reimburse you.

No comments:

Post a Comment