Monday, July 30, 2018

How fortuitous

I've had three delightful instances of 'luck' in the past few days and I feel like I should thank the Powers That Be.

First, I went to the store the other day, which was a miserably hot walk (fortunately only a few blocks) and when I got to the checkout I couldn't find my debit card anywhere. So I had to abandon my groceries and walk back home in the hopes that my card turned up. Which it didn't, but I also forgot to trace my steps part of the way. Not that I was very hopeful of finding it en route. But it also wasn't in my house. Well, I grabbed my credit card, decided I'd probably have to cancel the debit card, and trekked back to the store, still in the miserable heat. And what do you know, as I walked past the dairy section, I spied something red on the ground, just the size of a debit card, kind of kicked under the overhang of the cooler. I was talking to my brother at the time, and was delighted to report that I had found my debit card. Hooray!

Then, that night, which was a holiday out where I live, I convinced myself to go up the hill and watch the fireworks. Mostly because I wanted to get a picture of fireworks, or at least see if I could. But when I got there, I was really not in the mood. I was tired, I didn't want to stay up late, I didn't want to set up my camera, I just didn't want to be there. Also, I couldn't see any fireworks that were worth trying to photograph. Well, I reminded myself that this would not be the last time I would ever see fireworks and I didn't have to be there if I didn't want to be, and left. I headed down the hill and when I got to the top of Main Street, I had the perfect view of the fireworks. So, I busted out my camera, right there on the street corner, and spent maybe 10 to 15 minutes getting some firework shots. Which wouldn't have happened if I hadn't felt like going home.



Maybe not the most scenic view, but a clear view, and a fairly close one.
Finally, on Wednesday, I had an appointment to be at at 6:00. I was going to stay late to print off a project I was working on, but got caught in conversation with a co-worker and by the time I finished the project, I was running late (as in, I had 3 minutes to get to my appointment. Which wasn't far, but not close enough to be there in 3 minutes). I got out of the building and was going to text to let them know I'd be a tad late, and they had moved the appointment to 6:15! And then I realized I'd left my keys in the building. Which was locked. And I can never remember the number for security, who would be able to let me in. But just as I got to the building, someone was coming out and they kindly held the door for me (even though we really shouldn't because of security. Thankfully, she'd been in my shoes, and knew I worked there!). So I got my keys and wasn't late and then the gal I had the appointment with fed me and my friend dinner! And gave me leftovers!! 

So, a lot of nice little blessings this week, and I'm really grateful because I was feeling really stressed out when the week started. Thanks, Powers That Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment