Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Break Room

There's a real drawback to the communal break room in the work place. You see, today I took my lunch* up to the break room, heated it up, and sat down to eat. And then my co-worker came in with pizza. Which looked SO much better than my lunch. And someone else heated up their lunch, and it looked way better and smelled better. And all I had was my mediocre meal. And boy, I had a case of food envy. How do you not?

It's not that my food would have tasted so much better if I had been eating alone. I just wouldn't have had anything to compare it to which would have been a minor improvement.

So, beware of the pitfalls of break rooms, people. 


*which was nothing really amazing because 1) I'm lazy and didn't put in the effort to fix anything, 2) I'm going to a conference for the rest of the week so why go to the effort of making something for a whole week, and 3) it was one of those "just add water and cook it" kind of things, which 8 times out of 10 are kind of meh. They are never as good as you think they will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment