Monday, April 30, 2018

Detox

I've mentioned before that I listen to a lot of podcasts. I had the history podcasts, news podcasts, humor, economics, and whatever else peaked my interest.

But lately, I've been feeling disinterested. Especially the newsy ones. Somehow, they seem monotonous. There are still a couple that I listen to, that go more in depth on one topic, and of courses I listen to the news-comedies. But I couldn't take on the same old same old that has been the topic of discussion for 2+ years. It's completely non-productive.

There are other podcasts I've let drop off the radar, and even those that I still have in my rotation, I've lost the compulsion I felt to listen to every episode. This has been incredibly liberating. Why should I listen to something I'm not interested in? Time is a limited commodity.

Anyway, it's been very nice. I feel like I have been detoxing and I highly recommend it to everyone. Let's all make the world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment