Sunday, December 31, 2017

How to entertain an almost 1 year old

My nephew is just a couple of weeks shy of one and is in that stage of standing on his own for short periods of time but not really walking, except maybe a step or two by accident. Since I arrived a week ago, I have been taking him on walks. They started out small, and now they have evolved to a certain route, and a good 15-20 minutes at a time. He has reached the point where he just holds his hand in the air as a signal that he expects a hand to appear to walk him around. We have the main floor loop:  living room, kitchen, living room; the upstairs loop: girls room, boys room, girls room, bathroom if the door is open; and the downstairs loop: behind the couch, over the treadmill, front of the couch.

Basically, I've spent a large chunk of my vacation bent over walking like a duck with a 1 year old hanging on to my fingers. He's gotten a lot of exercise, and I guess I have too (along with the weird posture). But, as soon as you hold out your hands, he just takes off running with joy, so what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment